Friday, October 10, 2008

The Day of Crossroads

I interviewed for a management position two days ago where I work. Today I find out whether I am the chosen one.

It is almost eerie how I ended up in this situation, applying for a position I previously never imagined myself working in until I was at least 30 years old. But rough times bring strange and unforeseen opportunities, and it almost feels like God has been preparing me for this moment from first day I started with the company. Every technical challenge, every clashing with fellow employees, every opportunity to show mercy and grace, every experience in witnessing good leadership and bad leadership... all of these things have shaped me profoundly. It has become clear to me that I am here (at my occupation) to glorify God, to show how infinitely precious He is. My prayer is that God would work through me in such a way that people will look at my deeds and desire to praise God. I want Jesus to be made much of, to do things that could only be done through hope in Jesus Christ, not in the hopes of world.

Whatever the decision is, I will praise the Lord, who knows all things and is Holy and good. I'm simply excited to move on, be it my in current position or the new path of management. Either way, God has appointed me to be a leader, to demonstrate the redemptive power of Jesus, to fight for the redemption of the workplace, to love good and to hate evil. It doesn't matter what position I'm in, the job is always the same: to glorify God and demonstrate how precious Jesus is-- more precious than wealthy, prosperity, respect, or anything else this world has to offer.

Thank you, Lord, for life's struggles, for opportunities to realize how dependent we are on you for everything. Show the world how awesome you are.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen! I praise God for His work in your life. My heart is bursting with joy for you. I thank God for his amazing grace that He has allowed me to be your wife. You are an amazing husband and man of God. I love you!

Walkersan said...

Brother Joel, I am so thankful that you are in my life. God has blessed me with your friendship. I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and hope to be able to call you "manager" Joel very soon.

Shawn